Note: Please see tables in Q.1 and Q.3 for relevant info provided in below answer.
- Lets’ assume we have 20 MHz channel bandwidth.
- we need to calculate the resource elements in a subframe for this band i.e.
12subcarriers x 7 OFDMA symbols x 100 resource blocks x 2 slots= 16800 REs per subframe.
- Assume we have 64 QAM modulation and no coding, one modulation symbol will carry 6 bits.
16800 modulation symbols x 6 bits / modulation symbol = 100800 bits.
So, the data rate is 100800 bits / 1 ms = 100.8 Mbps.
- With 4×4 MIMO, the peak data rate goes up to 100.8 Mbps x 4 = 403 Mbps.
- Estimate about 25% overhead e.g. PDCCH, reference signal, sync signals, PBCH, and some We get 403 Mbps x 0.75 = 302 Mbps.